- 1 teaspoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 grinds fresh black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 7, 1/2 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch pie dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot oil until garlic is fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add kale, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes. Stir tomato and carrots into kale mixture; cook for 5 more minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl. Stir Cheddar cheese, kale mixture, and parsley into egg mixture; pour into the prepared pie dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until quiche is set in the middle and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in pie dish for 2 to 3 minutes before slicing.
Per Serving: 297 calories; 20.512.6 17.7 195 406
Click HERE for more information about the recipe.